ANALYTICA is seeking a Data Analyst to provide support to the Data Team under the Office of Technology & Innovation at a federal agency. The Data Team is responsible for developing and implementing best practices for how the government manages and uses information.
This position supports the Data program and develops algorithms for federal government technology initiatives. The position works under the direction of the Data Team Lead. The specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Statistical analysis and model development using programming languages such as Python, R and Julia.
- Work with project stakeholders and the software development team to develop data analysis and machine learning algorithms for business stakeholders.
- Develop analytics solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of the
- decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Provide technical expertise for multiple advanced analytical techniques such as data mining, machine learning, geospatial analysis, natural language processing, and predictive modeling.
- Develop creative and accurate visualizations that communicate a story, trend, pattern etc., through collaborations with other team members.
- Incorporate data from multiple sources (both relational and NoSQL environments) into the analytics workflow by writing appropriate querying and processing code.
- Directly support users by developing advanced reporting and analytics.
- Assisting users in choosing data sources and discovering new methods for achieving goals.
- Work closely with a variety of teams to identify, diagnose and resolve technical, strategic and analytical issues on behalf of business users.
2+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Significant software development experience with Python with experience in using scientific libraries like numPy and SciPy.
- Experience with Text Analysis and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Significant experience with SQL and Database programming.
- Analytics expertise with Big Data environments like Hadoop or MPP.
- Communication skills and proven ability to work with customers, senior management and other technical teams
- Documentation skills and the ability to recommend best practices and articulate process improvements and required changes
- Organized, with the ability to meet production
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.