ANALYTICA is seeking a Statistician to support a federal agency client in Washington, DC.
- Make significant contributions across a range of technical areas by identifying and analyzing new technologies for inclusion in new program development.
- Work with Government Program Managers to assess technical proposals to determine the merit of objectives and methodologies; coordinate with program performers throughout the life-cycle of programs to monitor performance; develop test plans for system assessment; and interface with operational personnel and senior government officials to understand operational requirements and articulate program goals.
- 10+ years of computational mathematics experience
- BS in mathematics, physics, statistics, or related field
- Proficiency in statistical procedures including non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis techniques is also required
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated experience in the areas of mathematical statistical consulting including sample design, statistical imputation, variance estimation, confidentiality of information contained in statistical releases, construction of micro data public-use files including creation of synthetic data, and lastly uses, strengths, and weaknesses of statistical computational software
- Broad range of experience and expertise in the skills mentioned above as well systems analysts, computer programmers and other support staff necessary for successful completion of the work
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of advanced statistical techniques including stratified random sampling, non-response bias analysis and adjustment, weighting complex panel samples, and the application of statistical disclosure limitation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of IRS IT security regulations, Unix, HTML, XML, Microsoft Windows operating systems and FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002)
- Experience in dealing with government statistical agencies and private business entities that collect and disseminate complex statistical data for research purposes.
- Experience working with demographic, economic and social statistical data, especially large-scale production of summary statistics.
- Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics or related field is highly desirable
- Prior SETA support experience preferred
- Prior experience supporting the IRS
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.