ANALYTICA is seeking a Statistical Programming Analyst that will be responsible for providing detailed, high-quality economic and statistical analyses, and specific subject matter expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing detailed, high-quality economic and statistical analyses, and specific subject matter expertise.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending ways to use financial data including interactive data, as well as providing expertise in data analysis;
- Developing analytical tools, approaches, methods, and models in order to identify trends, risks, or potential securities law violations in the capital markets;
Additional Desired Skills & Competencies
- Masters’ degree or higher in econometrics, finance, or related technical fields such as mathematics, engineering, operations
- 7+ years experience in data analysis, statistical data analysis and reporting of research studies.
- 1+ years experience in operational or regulatory financial analysis at the SEC or Treasury or other financial focused federal agency
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques such as modern econometric methods, machine learning, multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design, optimization and text analytics.
- Extensive experience in managing and integrating large data sets using a variety of software packages.
- Experience with Python or R and/or other scripting languages is required.
- 7+ years of programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, VBA, STATA, MATLAB, Mathematica, Perl, R, SPLUS, Python, or SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL-type and non-SQL type databases
- Knowledge and experience in a systems environment, such as MS Windows, Linux, and UNIX, that facilitates manipulation and processing of data is required.
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
- Capital Markets experience