Analytica is seeking an experienced Cognos Report Developer to support a data warehouse and business intelligence implementation project in Windsor Mill, MD. This project is supporting a federal health customer.
- Business Intelligence software tools including Cognos Analytics, Framework Manager, Cube Designer, Query Studio and Report Studio.
- Proficient with dimensional/cube reporting (strong MDX) and relational reporting.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and Dashboards.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Writing SQL Queries for Report development and for Data Warehouse.
- Troubleshoot BI (Cognos) tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications and Queries for reports as necessary.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of data acquisition, data modeling, data movement, metadata management, report development, and QA testing.
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of ad-hoc reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ year’s exp. working with the BI Platforms.
- Cognos 11 knowledge must include Cube designer as well as Query Studio, Report Studio, Framework Manager and administration.
- Experience with conditional formatting and variables, parameterized drill through reports, Active reports, Dynamic cubes, bursting, templates, complex prompts, performance tuning.
- Familiarity with other BI Tools Tableau and Microstratergy.
- Experience with ETL Tools – Informatica Power Center.
- Data Warehouse design based on STAR schema and Dimensional modeling.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Theoretical and functional proficiencies in metadata modeling utilizing Framework Manager and cube designer.
- Knowledge of various RDBMS technologies (SQL Server and Oracle).
- Expert knowledge with SQL Tables, Queries and Views.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience on CMS projects is strongly preferred
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.