Analytica, an information technology and consulting small business that supports public sector organizations in health, federal civilian and national security, is seeking a Director of Finance that will be responsible for leading the areas of accounting, financial management, pricing, and contracts. This person will lead accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, cost proposals, and contract and purchase order administration for lean finance department team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review client solicitations, participate in the development of financial, legal and contractual execution related questions to be submitted, as well the budget strategy for proposals
- Develop and peer review budgets and full cost/business proposals for submission to clients.
- Prepare and review task order budgets for existing and new IDIQ contract.
- Participate in award reviews, negotiation, and start-up of new projects, providing guidance on contract terms and conditions to program teams
- Lead contract budgetary and legal negotiations with teaming partners, in collaboration with business development and capture leads. Work with outside counsel on particularly complex issues when needed.
- Supports the general contract administration of each project, including issuance of consultant contracts, subcontracts, and procurement contracts
- Oversee the development, management, and implementation of corporate charge codes and time keeping, budgetary, and accounting systems.
- Oversee financial tracking using Unanet under projects, task orders ensuring funding burn rates, utilization and budgets are on target.
- Review and prepare budgets for contract modifications and client meetings
- Provide support to staff on budget development and management; assist with client reporting requirements and internal analysis needs
- Assist in the development and delivery of Contracts training and budget training modules
- Prepare and submit correspondence to the client for approvals, waivers, funding notifications, modification requests, etc. Manage and mentor associates supporting finance and accounting
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
Additional Desired Skills & Competencies
- US citizenship required
- Must have Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA Preferred.
- Must have government contracting industry experience for services business. Candidate must have a solid understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost+ Contracts and revenue recognition.
- Proficiency with Unanet and Microsoft Office: Strong Excel required;
- Strong knowledge of budget preparation requirements and practices, covering fixed price, time and materials, and other pricing methodologies, especially for software engineering and/or information technology projects
- Experience with authoring, negotiating, executing, and managing contracts, subcontract agreements (NDA, TA and sub-contract and prime contract terms, pricing, and performance), and purchase orders cradle to grave strongly preferred
- Organizational skills and a capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines. Team Player with good analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically in business, contractual and financial areas
- CPA highly preferred
- Legal experience preferred
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.