ANALYTICA is seeking a self-directed and experienced Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, who is well versed with federal contracting and is used to working closely with senior management. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements that are compliant with DCAA, FAR, CAS, and GAAP. Candidates must be team oriented, possess strong customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Reports to the CEO, and works with and supervises accounting personnel as a customer service oriented team.
- Supervise billing, payroll, accounts payable, tax and other daily accounting functions, and cross train functions to fill in as needed.
- Full cycle month and year end close to include journal entry preparation, general ledger review and maintenance, account reconciliation and variance analysis. Ensure an accurate and timely financial report packages and analysis are prepared for CEO and other decision makers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute clean and efficient annual financials and support the 401(k) benefit plan audits, and other external audits and requests as necessary.
- Support budget, forecasting, contract backlog activities, DCAA Incurred Cost Submissions and related requests.
- Possess strong government contracting industry experience handling all types of government contract billing, revenue recognition, and indirect rate calculations.
- Supervise and participate in the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on sound internal controls and business practices to ensure accuracy of transactions and financial results.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Advise team members in best way to handle non-routine reporting and accounting transactions. Provide training to new and existing team members as needed. Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from CEO, Software Sales Lead, and other senior managers with financial results, special reporting requests and related projects.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, contracts and general ledger structure. Ensures all information is properly entered into the Unanet Accounting System and ensure that the computer system continues to operate as required and needed for growth. Maximize use of accounting software to include budgets, ceilings, work force, and other tools
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- US citizenship required
- 5 + years experience and prior supervisory experience. Must have Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Must have government contracting industry experience for services business. Candidate must have a solid understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost+ Contracts and revenue recognition.
- Experience implementing or utilizing Unanet strongly preferred; Strong Microsoft Office and extensive experience with Excel to include the use of pivot tables and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities. Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in team environment, and must work well with others.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified