ANALYTICA is seeking a Part-Time Technical Writer to support our team. The Technical Writer will augment technical writing for the Analytica business development department. This individual will be responsible for drafting past performance material, case studies, and technical methodologies/processes based on current Analytica projects for use in marketing and business development efforts.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Attend meetings with technical project staff and business development personnel to elicit details to research project background, scope, activities, and tools.
- Independently draft past performance narratives that provide an overview of the project background and scope.
- Identify and call out areas of past performance activities that can be tailored to identified technical focus areas for future RFPs or RFIs.
- Draft technically sound narratives related to technical focus areas.
- Coordinate with Analytica proposal coordinator to identify project case studies.
- Draft case studies with guidance from the business development team
- Based in interviews with project staff, prepare Analytica technical methodologies or processes write up for use in future proposals.
- Work with Analytica technical SME's to write up technical white papers relevant to the industry
- Participate in past performance, case study, and processes reviews with the Analytica BD and executive team. Revise and incorporate draft feedback from reviews.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (such as English, Communications, or Public Affairs) with experience as a writer/editor. Post-graduate education may be substituted for years of experience, and overall experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of computer-based systems that create, edit, manage, and transmit documents and text (e.g., content management or publishing software).
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability/experience to break complicated IT processes or concepts, and break them down in a way that non-technical audience can digest
- Familiarity or background with web design, user experience
- Ability to complete deliverables in a timely manner
- 5+ years experience writing proposals or technical marketing material
- 5+ years experience working with technical personnel to elicit technical knowledge and transform into usable and readable documents
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.