ANALYTICA is seeking a Hadoop Engineer to support a federal healthcare client in Woodlawn, MD. The Hadoop Engineer will focus on Medicare and Medicaid fraud protection for federal, state, and local government clients.
This role is crucial to the success of the team. The successful job candidate must have excellent communication skills and be a detail-oriented self-starter. Will be required to coordinate with internal and external support teams and is skilled at managing databases from design to implementation. This person will be an individual contributor but will work well within and across teams to accomplish his/her tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 8 years of experience or 7 years with a Master’s degree
- Practical knowledge and experience required for Hive, Spark2 and HBase
- Proficiency in of one or more of the following programming language Java, Scala and Python is a big plus
- Experience with Zeppelin, Jupyter, H20 or similar analytics notebook
- 6+ years' of progressively responsible professional experience in database administration and production support of Hadoop
- Basic skills and experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting of Hadoop clusters
- Skilled in performance analysis of Hadoop jobs and Hadoop cluster resources to determine bottlenecks
- Experience in administration and management of Hortonworks/or other distributions of Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, NiFi and KAFKA is a plus using Ambari and CLI
- Able to follow configuration and change management policies and procedures in maintaining software
- Experience with Linux operating systems, including Red Hat
- Knowledgeable of security domains and Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Experience managing 100+ Node clusters
- Experience with Hortonworks Distribution versions 2.5 and above
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Flow product
- Experience with Hive, installation, tuning and partitioning
- Experience installing, configuring, and utilizing tools such as Pig, Flume, and Sqoop
- Experience installing and tuning of HBase and Spark
- Ambari Maintenance experience
- Experience with integration of Ambari with other system monitoring tools
- HDP Certified Developer and/or Administrator preferred
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.