Analytica is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support a project working with the Department of Homeland Security. The Sr. Data Scientist utilizes SAS, R, or Python to support a dashboard visualization implementation project. This project will work out of various locations within the Washington, DC area.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Analyzes data to identify and compare norms, trends, and patterns
- Responds in a timely and complete manner to data requests from internal and external customers
- Provides quantitative data analysis, specifically related to data matching/record linking
- Applying analytic techniques and helping define objectives related to data matching/record linking
- Resolve complex data matching/record linking problems requiring an in-depth knowledge of analytic methodologies and principles
- Draft and interpret programming specifications
- Program to clean and prepare data for data matching/record linking and analysis
- Analyze data, formulate conclusions and recommendations, and design and develop materials based on analysis in accordance with stated guidelines, specifications, and models
- Produce, edit, and copyedit written deliverables to include reports, spreadsheets, databases, formal process mapping, technical design, and system testing and implementation activities documentation
- Providing written conclusions of findings or issues encountered related to data matching/record linking and statistical modeling work
- Assimilate, integrate, and interfacing technical knowledge with business / systems requirements.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications:
- The Senior Analyst shall hold an M.A. or a Ph.D. in sociology, demography, statistics, mathematics, or a related field, must be proficient with a statistical software package (preferably SAS)
- Have high proficiency level with MS Access and MS Excel.
- Requires 5+ years professional experience working with SAS, R, or Python to perform various types of data analysis.
- Prior experience working on Department of Homeland Security projects is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of various database management systems in order to input, extract or manipulate information.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD clearance
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.