Analytica is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support a project with a federal client. This position will be based out of Washington, DC.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Provide software development, continuous integration, software delivery, systems administration, software quality, and systems documentation support to the the client's digital assets, including the client's public-facing web site, as well as internal software tools
- Meet with the Application Development Team and content contributors to develop and discuss strategies and plans for web products, to analyze web content needs, and to propose ways the client's web products can address those needs
- Create web applications and web services using various web programming languages, frameworks, and databases including Python, SQL, Django, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, and ElasticSearch
- Assist with the management and development of client's website
- Assist with configuration, usage, and monitoring of cloud-based infrastructure services including but not limited to AWS EC2, RDS, Lambda, Elastic Container Service, and CloudFormation
- Perform administration to Red Hat-based and CentOS-based systems and Apache-based and nginx-based web servers to include troubleshooting, monitoring and proactive problem fixing and documentation
- Assist in both the architectural and visual modernization and maintenance of the client's website
- Assist in building a strong technical foundation in build, release and environments using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and infrastructure provisioning tools such Ansible
- Engage with various client personnel to understand requirements in order to develop better software for the client and identify new ways in which the development team can easily solve client issues
- Collaborate with the client on the design, development, and data teams to build valuable tools that benefit the client’s day-to-day operations and broader missions
- Provide training on a variety of systems development methodologies and tools to include Agile and Waterfall along with insight into new technologies and solutions that could help the Application Team and the client at large
- Assist in the development of Use Cases, Requirements Definition Documents, User and Administration Manuals, Detailed Design Specifications, and Training Manuals and Plans
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in Django Expertise in Python Experience in Ansible, Jenkins, Cloud Services such as AWS, Container technology such as Docker, and build automation deployment
- 3+ years of experience with a solid understanding of Red Hat based, CentOS-base systems and Apache-based webservers.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/ GCP/Azure)
- Knowledge of resource monitoring systems
- Ability to scope and estimate technical builds
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an IRS MBI clearance
- Effectively conduct architectural reviews
- Strong verbal and communication skills
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.