Analytica is seeking a Senior Hadoop/Spark Administrator to be responsible for developing a high-performance data analytics platform that can handle petabytes of datasets. This position will support a federal client in Washington, DC.
- Design, develop and implement data loading solutions into Hadoop Spark utilizing various native and custom API connectors.
- Experience that includes components of Hadoop such as Ambari, YARN, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Storm, Ranger, MapReduce, Pig, Sqoop, Flume.
- Manage Hadoop and Spark cluster environments - Cluster sizing, cluster configuration, smoke testing, service allocation, security setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages in support of data migration and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)
- Experience with one of the core languages supported by Spark API such as Java, Python, Scala, or R
- Experience designing/implementing data streaming sources and ingestion from sources such as Kafka, Flume, Kinesis, or TCP sockets.
- Past contribution to baseline security controls, monitoring mechanisms, and achieving Authority to Operate (ATO) for Federal Apache / Spark deployment
- Experience supporting implementation of Disaster Recovery Systems for large database systems
- Comfortable with steady-state operations in regard to meeting service-level agreements (SLAs) platform maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related science degree
- 10+ years of information systems experience required, with a preference 3+ years of enterprise with Hadoop/Spark
- Knowledge of and experience with public cloud providers Amazon Web Services architecture, tools and cloud methodologies
- Experience architecting with DevOps tools and process
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.