Analytica is seeking a Technical Writer to be a part of a new project supporting entity resolution and data standards for the Department of Homeland Security. The ideal candidate will lead the technical writing of datasets, workflows, rulesets, methodologies, algorithms, user guides, and other related technical specifications on the merging, cleaning, matching of data from various data sources. The candidate should have experience in databases, SAS, data warehouses, and dashboards.
The Technical Writer will also coordinate with data analysts and dashboard developers to create user guides and test strategies for data reporting and visualizations tools.
This position is seated in Washington, DC. The candidate must be eligible for DHS EOD background clearance and be a U.S. citizen.
- Develops content and writes and edits material for documents, reports, manuals, guides, briefing materials, presentations, and related documents and publications.
- Develops content and writes and edits material for databases, SAS, data warehouses, and dashboards
- Helps ensure information in documents and content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews draft documents to ensure they are free of errors in scope, format, and content.
- Ensures that documents are written in accordance with applicable style guides and editorial practices.
- Organizes materials and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Ensures that names, places, and organizations are spelled correctly, and that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate.
- Corrects content errors, grammatical errors, punctuation errors, and spelling errors in documents and materials.
- Ensures that written materials are easy to read and understandable for non-technical users
- Incorporates charts, graphs, tables, and other non-textual content to enhance the presentation of material in documents.
- Discusses issues with office personnel and reads agency reports, documents, and other material to become familiar with office and agency practices to maximize writing support services.
- Bachelors degree with 5 years of relevant years
- 5+ years of experience preparing technical documentation for Government contracts
- 5+ years of experience working with technical staff; gathering technical specifications and creating requirement documentation and test plans.
- Experience in writing Government acquisition documents (Capability Development Plan, CONOPS, Analysis of Alternatives, Whitepapers)
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of databases, SAS, data warehouses, and dashboards
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills in communicating, writing, and presentation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to receive DHS EOD clearance
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.