Analytica is seeking a Cloud / Databricks Architect experienced with AWS, Apache Spark, and Databricks technologies. This Cloud Systems Architect role is focused on establishing enterprise-wide systems engineering services, governance, templates, tools, and methods for the client based on prior hands-on development experience and technical research. This leadership position will focus on the Design, Development and Socialization of a Cloud-based Data Lake and Governance platform. The position will sit in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities include but may not limited to (Duties may vary by assignment or contract):
- 10+ years IT experience and 3-5 years of expertise with Federal cloud services and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solutions.
- Experience with a minimum of two Federal AWS Cloud and/or Databricks deployments
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud IaaS/PaaS services (S3, EC2). Exposure to Lambda, RDS.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, and Storm
- Experience leading design and deployment of Apache Spark cluster-computing framework to include Ingestion, Storage, Auditing, Security, Archival
- Experience with enterprise Data Catalogue activities
- Experience developing environment support and ETL scripts using Spark/Python/Java
- Experience migrating legacy environments to Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) and/or EDW
- Skilled with cloud computing, infrastructure, software architecture with perspective on providing data science, analytics, machine learning support.
- Architect High Availability systems (load balancing, horizontal scalability and fault tolerance)
- Ability to design and architect distributed data systems
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and whiteboarding skills
- Exposure to EDL and EDW environments and ability to distinguish/advise between the two
- Exposure to Data Governance concepts
- Exposure to Data Streaming, Analysis Services concepts
- Familiarity with Data Access controls to include Data Discovery and Search, Data Access, Self-service, Data Connectivity (JDBC, ODBC, Web service, APIs)
- Familiarity with migration concerns from legacy environment that includes Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle, IBM DataStage, Golden Gate, Jupyterhub, and RStudio
- Familiarity with Watson Explorer integration concerns
- Familiarity w Personal Workspace and Notebook concepts applied within Data Science platforms
- Familiarity w Databricks features for Cluster setup, Data source catalog, and REST API integration
- Familiarity with Data Visualization applied through self-service and assisted support. Comfortable with advising usage between out-of-the-box features and third-party/open source tools.
- Familiarity with Databricks security features (Role-based access, SSO, Notebook Access Control List)
- Familiarity with Databricks Jobs Flexible Scheduler
- Familiarity with Federal Cloud policies and processes
- Familiarity with approach to retiring Hadoop environment
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.