Analytica is seeking a self-directed and hands-on Director of Finance & Accounting to oversee financial, budgetary, project control and accounting activities for a rapidly growing federal government contractor. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a mid-sized government contractor ($10MM+) that is able to lead implementing or manage across accounting, corporate finance, project finance and pricing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a rapid paced environment, that are able to bring process and operational maturity as the company grows. Candidates must be team oriented, possess strong customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The position reports in directly to the leader of corporate operations.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide day-to-day oversight and management of accounting staff to ensure timely, accurate and consistent deliverables (AR, AP, Monthly Close) as well as support of delivery and project managers
- Provide day-to-day oversight, management and administration of Unanet Financials integrated project financials and accounting System ensuring proper and accurate financial and contract reporting, general ledger structure, budgets and costs.
- Develop and maintain financial and accounting policies, principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements that are compliant with DCAA, FAR, CAS, and GAAP and meet sound internal controls and business practices.
- Lead the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Responsible for financial planning, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting as well as tracking and reporting financial metrics, KPI’s and other financial reporting requirements
- Responsible for supporting the development of accurate government contracts services pricing proposals (fixed price, time and materials, or cost+) in response to federal government solicitations,
- Oversee monthly and annual end of year close to include reviewing journal entry preparation, general ledger review and maintenance, account reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Plan, coordinate and execute clean and efficient annual financials and support the 401(k) benefit plan audits, and other external audits and requests as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with federal government financial reporting and payment directives (e.g., DCAA, GSA IFF, etc)
- Supervise and participate in the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Support financial related inquires and processes, interfacing with business development, human resources, and CEO regarding financial and reporting related projects
- Responsible for identifying, recommending and participating on company-wide process improvement projects that involve corporate finance, accounting, project finance or government pricing and proposals
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- US citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other similar degree, Master’s Degree is a strong plus
- 10 + years minimum experience, coupled with prior accounting management experience
- Experience implementing or utilizing Unanet Financials or Project Financials
- Prior experience across government contractor accounting, corporate finance, and services pricing required
- Solid understanding and proven experience of supporting Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost+ Contracts, with prior experience with DCAA and establishing Provisional Billing Rates a strong plus
- Experience handling all types of government contract billing, revenue recognition, rate calculations, financial, KPIs and contracts reporting.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to meet multi-task and meet tight deadlines essential. The ability to work well under pressure and changing priorities. Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in team environment, and must work well with others
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel experience to include the use of excel advanced functions and power pivot
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.