Analytica is seeking a Project Manager to support projects at the Department of Commerce (NIST or PTO experience preferred). The Individual will also participate in organizational process improvement programs, such as ISO and CMMI. As a rapidly growing small business that specializes in information management, analytics and software engineering the ideal candidate will be interested and have experience directly relevant to one or all of these areas.
Analytica is an award winning consulting and information technology solution provider specializing in helping public sector organizations manage, analyze and protect information. The company is a rapidly growing SBA certified 8 (a) and HUBZone firm headquartered in Washington DC. Analytica provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment for career development.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Act as the client point of contact for day to day software engineering related projects, activities may include leading customer interaction, managing progress communications, resolving any potential issues, mitigating risks, develop, organize, and manage risks, action items, change control, and communication plans
- May be tasked to oversee small to mid-scale project delivery (ranging from 1 - 20 FTEs), leading cross-functional technical teams to deliver projects within the constraints of quality, scope, schedule, and budget
- Engage functional corporate support teams (such as staffing, finance, etc.) to ensure projects are exceeding requirements and are delivered at an exceptional service level, on time and on budget.
- Participate in federal capture activities, such as proposal development, opportunity identification, and client meetings
- Maintain a project management style that is evidenced based and flexible, designed to drive teams to be high performing, challenged, and efficient. Experience in Agile Development Environment a strong advantage
- Track project plans, metrics and provide ongoing updates to appropriate stakeholders
- Participate, or lead, ongoing project and organizational process improvement projects such as ISO, CMMI-DEV.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, as well as 3+ years’ experience in project management
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience communicating directly with clients or customers on products or project delivery
- Advanced Excel, Visio, and MS project skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small business environment that may entail cross functional support and late nights or weekends when required
- Solution-oriented work style with a focus on results and willingness to deliver
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Master's degree and/or project management credentials (PMP, Scrum, etc.) strongly preferred
- Ability to secure a Government Security Clearance strongly preferred
- Agile software engineering project experience as a participant or leader preferred
- Prior experience supporting NIST preferred
- Experience working within NIST SDLC or similar Federal SDLC preferred
- Experience working with Project Server, Project Web App a plus
About ANALYTICA: The company is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations in federal health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified 8(a) and HUBZone small business.
Analytica provides software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. Each of the last three years the company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 250 fastest-growing small businesses in U.S. It is also an Engineering Institute (SEI) CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified provider, with its employees maintaining a range of industry certifications, recognition, and awards.