ANALYTICA is seeking a Business Systems Analyst-Senior to support the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) with knowledge and experience in the areas of business process engineering and education systems at the state education level. The BA must have experience with the development and deployment of .Net products as well as COTS implementations. The BA will lead focus group sessions with the business units to gather the requirements necessary to develop System Requirements Specification (SRS) resulting in the development of the SRS and use cases to be used by the development team construct systems to meet the business functional requirements. The BA will work with business units and report to the OSSE Director. Working with the division of Early Learning to deliver a comprehensive multi component system.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements specifications.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist of most phases of systems analysis, while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- 11-15 yrs BA experience
- 11-15 yrs Software Development Lifecycle experience
- 11-15 yrs requirements gathering and documentation
- 11-15 yrs MS Office/PowerPoint experience
- 8 yrs Client Relationship Management experience
- 6 yrs Experience in documenting business process, requirements, and test scripts
- 8 yrs Business process analysis and the ability to implement change
- 5 yrs Experience with MS Project or other Project Management software
- 5 yrs Understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) mostly Agile
- 8 yrs Experience with User Interface Designs for WEB applications
- 4 yrs Experience with developing strategies and processes to improve overall business workflow
About ANALYTICA: The company is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations in federal health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified 8(a) and HUBZone small business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
Analytica provides software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. Each of the last three years the company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 250 fastest-growing small businesses in U.S. It is also an Engineering Institute (SEI) CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified provider, with its employees maintaining a range of industry certifications, recognition, and awards.