ANALYTICA is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer who is responsible for designing and implementing BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The BI Developer will utilize their experience with the Microsoft stack to “span” all BI domains from translating requirements to sourcing, profiling, and modeling data, to ETL and report development, to metadata management and QA Testing.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used in design, development, implementation and maintenance of BI Solutions
- Participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of data acquisition, data modeling, data movement, metadata management, report development, and QA testing
- Support existing BI infrastructure
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of ad-hoc and on demand rep
- Direct and organize projects in the implementation and use of new Business Intelligence software tools including Cognos Power play ,Framework Manager, Data Manager, Transformer, Query Studio and Report Studio
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures for Report development and for Data Warehouse.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Troubleshoot BI (Cognos) tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications and Queries for reports as necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6+ years exp. working with the BI Platforms.
- Cognos knowledge must include OLAP as well as Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Data Manager, Transformer, Metrics Studio, Event Studio, Framework Manager and administration.
- Familiarity with other BI Tools Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Microstratergy or BIRST
- Data Warehouse design, Dimensional modeling and Management of servers.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Theoretical and functional proficiencies in metadata modeling utilizing Framework Manager and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of various RDBMS technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access).
- Expert knowledge with SQL Tables, Queries, Views, Store Procedures and Triggers.
- Extensive experience with SQL SERVER and relational databases, particularly writing complex SQL to validate reports and tuning Reports to SQL query performance.
- Perform detailed documentation of design, development, testing and deployment activities.
- Support migration of BI models and reports from one development, QA, Stage to Production environment.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- The individual must be able to identify production issues and able to troubleshoot by first recreating it and then identify the point/s of error and be able to drill further from that point. The turnaround time should be kept in mind and also regular progress notifications to be sent to the users and the supervisor.
- New projects architecture have to be designed keeping in mind the user’s past experience with the interface and the ability to be able to accommodate newer business needs into existing processes.
- Proper interpretation of the conflict and arrive to a resolution without a pre-bias keeping in mind that the project does not suffer.
- Innovative problem-solving skills with an aptitude to think “out-of-the-box” when investigating solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Data Science, Technology, Finance or equivalent experience
About ANALYTICA: The company is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations in federal health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified 8(a) and HUBZone small business.
Analytica provides software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. Each of the last three years the company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 250 fastest-growing small businesses in U.S. It is also an Engineering Institute (SEI) CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 certified provider, with its employees maintaining a range of industry certifications, recognition, and awards.