ANALYTICA is seeking a Medical Record Case Review Specialist that has experience working with case management of medical records, abstraction, and following policies for obtaining missing/incomplete medical record documentation. Experience with medical records, knowledge of what constitutes required documentation in inpatient/outpatient medical records, physician office records, laboratory/radiology, and other types of medical records will provide first level expertise in clinical documentation review. ICD-9-CM/CPT-4 coding experience is highly desirable. Upon hire, additional on-the-job training will be provided in the Henrico, VA office.
- Utilize medical record knowledge and experience in order to determine complete medical records.
- Apply knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding in order to determine services rendered.
- Sort and notate medical record layouts, formats, and abstraction for a variety of medical settings.
Medical Record Case Review Specialist Position Requirements:
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent experience in relevant areas of expertise.
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical documentation review/abstraction.
- Skills and Knowledge Abilities:
- Previous experience with the review of medical claims and medical record requests.
- Previous utilization review experience.
- Ability to work as part of team and independently when necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and end users.
- Preferred Education and/or certifications:
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDIP (Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner)
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician)
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- CCS (Certified Coding Specialist)
- CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist - Physician)
- CCA (Certified Coding Associate)
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.