ANALYTICA is seeking a Tier II Systems Administrator to provide technical support for networks and systems needed in day to day operations. This includes tasks such as: install, configure, and support of LANs and WANs, servers, VMWare, file systems, Exchange, SharePoint, SAN, and administer Windows domains.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and security/project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems supporting infrastructure applications or business applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Configure, upgrade, support, maintain and secure the organization’s servers (physical and virtual), firewalls, applications, network infrastructure, and external cloud applications.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources (physical and virtual), systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Ensure the timely escalation of any alarmed problems.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up appropriately.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Administer and fine tune DLP and IDS systems.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Ensure availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical resources.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Stay informed on current state of the applications and systems by monitoring vendor communications, support forums, user groups, etc.
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Oversees back-up of data and applications to ensure system integrity and restart capability in event of system failure. Develop, maintain and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- BS in Computer Science preferred or High School graduate possessing equivalent System Administration experience.
- Industry (server / network / security) certifications preferred.
- 3-4+ years full-time experience in professional systems admin
- 2+ years desktop PC/Mac support and maintenance (Win 7 - 10)
- Operational experience with VMware ESX 5.0 or above.
- Adept at using network tools to capture / trace packets.
- Windows Server 2008+
- Microsoft Azure experience
- TCP/IP networking
- Professional firewall experience (configuration and administration)
- Citrix or equivalent remote access software
- Exchange or Office 365 mailbox management
- Server Building, configuring and scoping,
- Server OS Administration
- VPN configuration
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Backup Software I.E. Backup Exec, virtualization backup software
- Comfort working with Active Directory, Windows permissions, TCP/IP, DNS, Telnet, DHCP, FTP/SFTP, SSL/IPSEC
- Working knowledge of network administration and topology
- Adept at using computer office management tools-word processing, electronic mail, scheduling, spreadsheet and
- database as an integral part of day to day activity.
- Able to effectively prioritize, juggle and manage numerous concurrent projects/problems.
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with users, internal colleagues and external contacts.
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.