Analytica is seeking a QA Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of a team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. The qualified applicant will be responsible for writing test cases and reporting on quality metrics, influencing software design, product development, and release cycles to ensure changes are of high quality and meet requirements. The candidate will also perform functional requirements testing of software builds and regression testing as well as documenting the results and findings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with business partners, systems analyst, designers, developers and programmers to create/analyze required project documents and ensures that quality assurance processes are incorporated.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within JIRA issue and project tracking system.
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within Information Technology software.
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects.
- Analyze and dissect system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for large initiatives.
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans.
- Create and maintain test plan in Microsoft Word.
- Create and maintain test cases in Microsoft Excel.
- Create and maintain test scripts in Selenium.
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance.
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality.
- Provide Weekly Status summaries for Management.
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems management with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- 5 years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience
- Experience with Quality Assurance testing tools - Selenium
- 5 years of experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, while possessing proven collaborative skills with working effectively in a diverse team environment.
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.