Analytica is searching for a proactive, driven, customer focused and talented individual to serve as a Director of Programs. This role is responsible for leading program and project delivery across various programs and projects that provide software development, system integration, data management, analytics and consulting services to state and federal government clients.
Director of Programs responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, and directing the technical, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel actions required to support multiple contracts (typically within $2 MM to $20 MM in range) to ensure the successful delivery within scope of contract, deliverables, project schedule, and budget parameters
- Responsible for the overall management of Analytica programs and projects, ensuring that the technical solutions and consulting services provided are implemented to customer and Analytica requirements, on time and under-budget. Direct and coordinate activities of program management office and project management personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget
- Engages with existing clients and partners in an Account Management capacity to establish practical approaches that are mutually agreeable for project and program execution
- Prepare program status reports, and keep management, clients and others informed of program status and related issues. Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and oversee the modification of schedules and plans as required
- Responsible for formulating, reviewing and approving project plans, specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risk management, contingency plans, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel and communicating polices, purposes, and goals of the organization
- Ensures transparent, timely and accurate completion of projects according to stakeholder satisfaction and develops client relationships to increase future business. Creates and delivers presentations, leads and facilitates meetings with partners and clients
- Formulates, analyzes and develops project plans, schedules, costs, and budgets ensuring conformance to work standards and customer requirements for bids and request for proposals (RFP), while ensuring technical feasibility with government-specified technologies, cost for implementation and operations, and functional adequacy. Supports Proposal teams and technology SME’s to communicate approach, value, benefits and differentiators of proposed solution.
- Assists with expanding the scope under existing contracts, to drive the capture of optional period and optional CLIN Task Orders either directly or by other project managers. May act as primary capture manager for all task orders that will be competed on the vehicle after successful award
- As part of the leadership team, responsible for development of strategic planning focusing on competitive advantages and works with management to set long-range business goals. Establishes measures and metrics for the program management to ensure continual improvement of results, drive efficiency and makes recommendations to Executive leadership
- Develops systems and maintain records that provide for proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials
- Supervises project, program, and quality management initiatives, ensuring continual process and organizational improvement and adherence to Analytica’s Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Dev Level 3 and ISO Quality Standards
Director of Programs requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Math or Business (with a Master’s degree or MBA in related field strongly preferred)
- Project Management Institute Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Progressive managerial experience, to include a minimum of 4+ years of program leadership experience (software service delivery programs of over $10m)
- 10+ years overall experience to include a combination of project management, system development lifecycle methodology (SDLC), delivering software services, project management, business capture/development, and project schedule control experience as well as:
- Experience managing projects using Agile methodology (Agile SCRUM or SAFE preferred) and practices; Scrum Master Certified a plus
- Experience in scope estimation, planning, project costing, budget management, and use of project management tools (e.g. MS Project; MS Excel) in a multiple service tier environment
- Experience managing a data management, business intelligence, or analytics project strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of large complex technical solutions involving multiple platforms (Mainframe, Windows, and Open Source) utilizing a Services Oriented Architecture
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and client facing skills
- Experience in managing multiple customers, contract deliverables, sub-contractors and budget
- Experience with Earned Value Management techniques including variance analysis and reporting Experience working with large technical teams and business analysts across multiple functional business areas
- Strong customer management skills and an ability to build and maintain customer relationships, expectation management; customer negotiations and ability to communicate in writing and verbally Analytica’s capabilities within complex IT Programs.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust or Secret Clearance as required
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
- Knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) process preferred
- Knowledge and experience with healthcare IT standards (HIPAA, PII) preferred
About: ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.