ANALYTICA is seeking a Project Manager
to support a federal government project in Washington, DC.
- 6+ years of Project Management experience, with 3+ years supporting Department of Commerce
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical capacity, modernizing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining software applications
- Knowledge of DOC’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies with direct experience supporting all phases
- Experience deploying database driven applications accessed through web-based interfaces
- Experience developing metadata-driven systems in a relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Experience developing high-performance SQL-based systems
- An understanding of how to interface with client and internal technical SME's so as to ensure requirements are negotiated and realistic delivery schedules are implemented
- Solid understanding of technical tasks and dependencies and experience defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Ability to ensure that projects are successfully implemented and that the customer has high customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for day-to-day planning, management and control of the project.
- Ensure client success by managing client expectations with regard to schedule, scope, quality, risks, budget and outcomes that ensure high client engagement.
- Managing the project team, resources, supporting processes, contractors and vendors.
- Lead/oversee Work Plan Development, IT/Functional Planning & Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Design, Software Development, Testing, Documentation, Implementation, and Operations and Maintenance.
- Facilitate communication within the development team about risks, issues, and approaches.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree, strongly preferred major in Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Economics, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- PMP certification, CSM or Agile certification strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with Department of Commerce – Bureau of Economic Analysis, Census Bureau, or the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Experience leading projects focused on improving a government's ability to collect, access, utilize and disseminate data is a plus
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified