Analytica is seeking a Statistical Programming Analyst
to support a federal government client in Washington, DC. Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Define and drive the analytics strategy and modeling approaches
- Support business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
- Influence the adoption of analytics in decision making
- Develop and implement analytical schema for complex primary (e.g., survey) and secondary data.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of data collection activities.
- Conduct and interpret multivariate analyses examples, including regressions with various distributions and duration models. Modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques
- Participating in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Proposing innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available
- Designing experiments, testing hypotheses, and building models
- Conducting advanced data analysis and designing highly complex algorithm
- Applying advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems
- Lead development/writing of project-related reports, standard operating procedures, presentations, and fact sheets, including providing data tables or other graphics that summarize findings.
- Lead in the preparation/presentation of documents for submission to clients or other parties.
- Assist in research and writing of proposals and performing other related activities.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Econometrics, finance, or related technical fields such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, statistics, computer science, or an MBA or MFE
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, statistical data analysis and reporting of research duties
- Experience using advanced analytic techniques such as modern economic methods, machine learning, multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design, optimization and text analytics.
- Extensive experience in managing and integrating large datasets using a variety of software packages
- Programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, VBA, STATA, MATLAB, SPLUS, Mathematica, SQL, R, Python, or Perl
- Experience with SQL-type and non-SQL type databases, manipulation and processing of data
- At least one year of operational/regulatory financial analysis experienced is preferred
- Experience with banking institutions, Wall Street, Department of Treasury, etc.
- Experience with liquidity assessment of stocks, equities, and portfolios of same
- Experience with Python, R, and/or other scripting languages is highly desired
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified