Analytica is seeking a NoSQL Database Administrator to support a federal government client in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Responsible for database deployments, and monitor for capacity, performance, and/or solving issues.
- Experience with backup/recovery, sizing and space management, tuning, diagnostics, and proficient with administering multiple databases.
- Enable/Integrate monitoring, auditing, and alert systems for databases with existing monitoring infrastructure.
- Responsible for working with development teams in evaluating new database technologies and provide SME guidance to development teams.
- Responsible for system performance and reliability.
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX operating system and shell scripting.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, Azure is required.
- DBA ought to ensure the databases are highly available, have sufficient capacity in place and are fully resilient across multiple data centers and cloud architectures.
- Handle NoSQL databases in all SDLC environments including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, replication, upgrades, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred) with 5+ years experience as a DBA managing databases
- Experience in a technical database engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations, etc.
- 3+ years graph database experience working with products such as Neo4J or Palantir
- Production DBA experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with other BigData technologies is a plus.
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra, etc.
- 2+ years experience with relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL
- 2+ years experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene
- 2+ years managing highly available, scalable production systems in a fast-paced production environment
- Comfortable with collaborative tools such as slack, wikis and basic ticket tracking systems (JIRA and ZenDesk)
- Action and detail oriented. Highly motivated to drive projects to completion
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified