Analytica is seeking a Data Engineer
to support a federal government client in Washington, DC. Analytica has been recognized
by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to develop application systems for clients in a platform-diverse environment. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- ETL code and scripting to meet all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs.
- SQL queries to retrieve and Cypher queries to migrate data to Graph Database (Neo4J)
- Neo4j Administration
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks leveraging open source tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Hive, Java, Pig, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging open source tools.
- Develop application systems that comply with the standard system development methodology and concepts for design, programming, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior performance and integrity.
- Java development (working with Java objects)
- Shell scripting (basic)
- Linux (basic)
- General troubleshooting/problem solving of ETL in Neo4j environment
- Graph data modeling
- Facilitation of stakeholder discussions
- Develop real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Python and AWS-based solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Knowledge and experience using query languages (SQL, Cypher) for relational and graph databases
- Experience ETL processes in migrating of data from relational databases to graph databases
- Knowledge of data warehouse technologies (Linux/Unix/Teradata/Ab Initio)
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Snowflake and S3
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified