Analytica is seeking a Data Engineer
to support a federal government client engagements in the Washington DC metro area. The company works with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to develop application systems for clients in a platform-diverse environment. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Provide business analysis and develop ETL code and scripting to meet all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs.
- Develop real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Python and AWS-based solutions.
- Deploys application code and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks leveraging open source tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Hive, Java, Pig, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging open source tools.
- Develop application systems that comply with the standard system development methodology and concepts for design, programming, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior performance and integrity.
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Knowledge and experience using query languages (SQL, Cypher) for relational and graph databases
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Snowflake and S3
- Experience in migrating ETL processes (not just data) from relational warehouse databases to AWS based solutions
- Knowledge of data warehouse technologies (Linux/Unix/Teradata/Ab Initio)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Federal Security Clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified