Analytica is seeking a Data Scientist
with an emphasis on statistical analytics within a newly deployed cloud-based platform to support a complex set of Federal Financial Compliance and Enforcement challenges. The position will apply statistical programming, statistical visualization techniques, modeling, and forecasting skills to analyze Federal Financial use cases. The Data Scientist will provide daily guidance and co-development support to Federal and Contractor user communities with a diverse set of financial, compliance, and enforcement business problems. This role will support quality management, user stories, and performance standards for a Data Science community made up of diverse Federal and Contractor resources. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with stakeholders, learning their business problems, providing technical guidance, evangelizing the team’s data science capabilities. This position will sit in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytics-related discipline; masters preferred
- High degree of experience utilizing SAS, R, or Python to support the development of complex statistical use cases that involve high dollar amounts, sensitive issues, or that otherwise meet criteria for Federal compliance and enforcement
- At least five years of statistical analysis
- Experience with a distributed enterprise Business Intelligence platform such a SAS, Tableau, or Qlik.
- Experience with development of predictive analytics models to determine performance comparison and probability
- Experience coordinating and maintaining user stories
- Familiar with open-source alternatives to major vendor BI and Data Science tools
- Comfortable with varied data visualization techniques to help stakeholders determine intuitive reporting. Examples include temporal depiction, outlier identification, and interactive usability.
- Comfortable with an Agile methodology such as Scrum, Kanban, or Lean to include experience with practices such as backlog management and user stories
- Awareness of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Docker, ELK stack and the role of data science within continual integration, continual development
- Experience with performing analytics from a cloud platform
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified