Analytica is seeking an Accounting / Audit Specialist
to support a federal government client in Washington, DC.
Analytica is an award-winning consulting and technology services organization supporting public sector health, civilian, and national security missions. We specialize in data-driven consulting and technology solutions that support citizen services. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solution matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Assist with the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Complete tax related research and special projects as needed.s.
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting, internal controls and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations
- Execute accounting and audit activities of the engagement.
- Determines reasonableness of accounting, the adequacy of evidentiary material, and other aspects impacting financial statements.
- Develops reports of audit findings.
- Formulates recommendations for increased efficiency, accountability and compliance with applicable laws, guidelines and standards
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and Other Business Related degree with a minimum of 24 credit hours in accounting.
- Ability to learn quickly, possess strong analytical skills and multi-task.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, specifically, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or financial management.
- A minimum of 4 years in Federal audit support, audit liaison, corrective action planning, and remediation
- Previous experience supporting federal government clients
- Advance Excel skills (Pivot tables, V-Look ups, H-lookups, etc.)
- 2 to 3 years of recent CPA firm experience
- Experience performing review of internal control in accordance with requirements of OMB Circular A-123
- Experience in management control programs and the implementation of new federal guidance into existing federal programs
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified