is seeking a senior Database Developer
to support a federal client in Washington, DC. As part of our Data team you will work with a diverse group of sophisticated professionals using your skills in planning, design, programming, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance of computerized systems. Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
- Communicates with technical, applications, and operational staff, in order to design an optimal database architecture (performance, accessibility, backup, and recovery plan).
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to existing software regarding database performance, stability, usability and scalability. Serves as liaison to other departments.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models and creates physical data models from logical data models.
- Compiles data from the field and integrates it with internal and external data sources in order to provide enhanced analysis of organizing efforts and results.
- Designs database servers and interfaces to improve database and application performance.
- Supports the development effort by authoring stored procedures, functions, views and check constraints.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the data work of various departments.
- Proactively stays current on data management and best practices.
Preferred Skills In:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other similar field of study
- 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis or analytical field
- Database programming, preferably Sybase T-SQL
- Experience with ETL tools like Informatica, Data Services or similar
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical employees
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Leads, develops, coordinates and implements plans and projects; communicates changes and progress effectively.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; develops realistic action plans.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust MBI security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified