ANALYTICA is seeking a Microsoft SQL DBA / ETL Engineer
to support a federal government client in downtown Washington, DC. The ideal candidate is able to work in a consultative approach with clients, has solid experience in Microsoft SQL Database Administration and ETL experience, and an understanding of Microsoft Azure Data Stores. Position requires US Citizenship with eligibility for a security clearance.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Conduct database administration and development on Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
- Implement approved design and functional changes to the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Power BI, and associated tools used for customer facing interfaces.
- Develop business solution logic using T-SQL or similar query/scripting languages to execute on the reporting and data validation needs related to the EDM platform.
- Mapping and modeling data collected for coherent reporting. Further design, creation, and deployment of schemas and ETLs as assigned for targeted datasets.
- Extend data templates to include relevant fields, publish data standards, document and publish data taxonomy and hierarchies.
- Support cloud-migration strategy for data environment to Azure, with strong interest in developing Azure Stream Analytics.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in math, science, computer science, information systems or similar degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Microsoft database programming / development / administration
- Minimum of five (5) years Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Data Warehouse development.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience using on premise and/or cloud based ETL programs, for supporting Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading
- Strong communication, documentation, managing delivery timelines, handle multiple projects and multitasking skills
- Microsoft Azure experience/certifications is strong plus.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C).
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified