Analytica is seeking a Data Scientist
with an emphasis on statistical analytics to support health or financial related problems and challenges. The position will apply statistical programming, statistical visualization techniques, modeling, and forecasting skills to analyze government use cases. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with stakeholders, learning their business problems, providing technical guidance, and evangelizing the team’s data science capabilities. This position will be based out of our Bethesda, MD office.
- Feature Engineering and Attribute Evaluation - Candidate must demonstrate experience with identifying the key determinants for modeling that exist in the business process and within existing data sets, as well as selecting evaluation protocols (model techniques).
- Pre-processing - Demonstrate the skills and experience to collect, clean, and prepare data sets for input into a computational model using technologies such as Python, SAS, or R. Candidates will explain various methods you have applied using common pre-processing functions.
- Modeling - Candidates will have practiced skills and experience selecting and applying modeling techniques to fit the business problem. Ideal candidates should be able to apply machine learning (ML) supervised and unsupervised learning, regression, neural networks and deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Validation - Candidates will have experience investigating, testing, reporting, and justifying model results.
- Visualization – Candidates should be comfortable presenting the results of their modeling activities, depicting the insights realized, and explaining the relevance of their results to the organization’s business challenges
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics,Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field; Master's degree or PhD a plus
- Two (2)+ years in data science, data engineering, as a statistician, or a related quantitative field
- Strong problem-solving skills, leveraging domain knowledge, information technology, and data science techniques
- High degree of experience utilizing SAS, R, or Python to support the development of complex statistical use cases
- Experience querying data from relational databases using SQL
- Experience with development of predictive analytics models
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Experience implementing unsupervised (e.g., clustering), semi-supervised (e.g., label propagation) and supervised learning (e.g., ensemble classifiers) algorithms, and when it is appropriate to use each is a strong plus
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250