Analytica is seeking a Business Analyst
to support across various federal government customer engagements in Woodlawn, MD. Ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with client product owners, in both a consulting and delivery capacity, to support digital transformation and modernization projects.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ability to work with Business Owner, Stakeholders, Product Owner, Clients and other partners to develop and analyze business needs.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Supports the Product Owner and/or Client in creating user stories and acceptance criteria and Scrum Master/PM with sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, etc.
- Determine size, complexity, and dependencies of a solution by reviewing business rules, use cases, user stories, and clarifying estimates with the Dev team.
- Support business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of various systems.
- Conduct requirement discussion sessions with stakeholders from various business areas, identify common gaps or challenges across different areas.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Identifies and provides input to new opportunities or risks that will have an impact on overall project.
- Evaluate risks and concerns and communicate to management
- Participates in planning process including technical design, development, testing and delivery of other related solutions.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Documents requirements for solutions that support business strategies, system requirements, system specifications, etc. and may develop into various types of models or diagrams such as process mapping, decision tables, value streams, data flows, etc to support requirements
- Collaborating on root cause analysis, application of business rules, workflow issues, and internal/external interfaces for system impact analysis
- Conduct testing as needed, such as functional testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), automated acceptance testing (AAT), and specification by example
- Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- 5+ years Agile project experience, with prior BA experience
- 5+ years of healthcare business analysis experience.
- Strong background in gathering healthcare requirements from a business liaison and articulating them to the technical team.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, ALM and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong data analysis background with the ability to understand different trends/patterns and act on them appropriately.
- Familiarity with Provider data sets for requirements or testing scenarios/test cases.
- Work independently with minimal help.
- Experience with SQL - writing queries, manipulating data, exporting data is preferred
- CMS data knowledge is a plus; specifically, provider information.
- Ability to secure a public trust clearance.
- Application Development background is a plus.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified