Analytica is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator
to support a federal government customer in Woodlawn, MD
. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with client product owners, in both a consulting and delivery capacity, to support digital transformation and modernization projects.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, and employer-paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for database architecture, engineering, configuration, upgrades, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup, and recovery.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, database relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow.
- Perform analysis on storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Managing the database's storage structures.
- Troubleshoot on any database issues, performance analysis, and ensuring database security.
- Apply knowledge of database management systems to coordinate maintenance and changes to databases.
- Write logical and physical database descriptions, including location, space, access method, and security requirements.
- Design and develop automated test cases that verify solution feasibility and interoperability, to include performance assessments
- Provide direction to programmers and analysts as required to affect changes to database management systems.
- Managing users and security.
- Managing schema objects, such as tables, indexes, and views
- Making database backups and performing recovery when necessary.
- Proactively monitoring the database's health and taking preventive or corrective action as required
- Monitoring and tuning performance of Oracle database.
Additional Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Oracle Database 12 Database Administration
- Experienced in database tuning to improve process efficiency
- Advanced Oracle DBA experience with Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g on Unix/Linux/Solaris platform (Linux Preferred)
- Oracle database Security Hardening experience
- Oracle certification a plus.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified