Analytica is seeking a Senior Technical Writer
to support a federal government project located in Washington, DC. The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible to drive much of the technical, system, and process documentation for the IT project.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- Writing and editing technical documentation related to statistics and/or technical systems
- Collecting, analyzing, drafting, and translating technical information into plain language that can be easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Collecting relevant information from statistical staff and assist in drafting final reports documenting statistical methods and results for both technical and non- technical audiences
- Collecting relevant information from technical staff and assist in drafting standard operating procedures (SOPs), user guides, training materials, and other documentation related to transitioning newly implemented technical tools to federal staff; and
- Editing all of the above described products
- In addition to technical expertise, the Lead Technical Writer will assist the Project Managers with managing the project tasks related to developing all written deliverables described in this SOW
- Must have at least 6 years of technical writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (such as English, Communications, or Public Affairs)
- Ability/experience to break complicated IT processes or concepts, and break them down in a way that non-technical audience can digest
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated comfort and understanding with systems, process states, and data flow
- Strong knowledge of computer-based systems that create, edit, manage, and transmit documents and text (e.g., content management or publishing software).
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrable experience with an industry notation such as UML or BPMN is a plus
- Ability to complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD Suitability clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain the government security clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified