Analytica is seeking a Senior Software QA Tester
to support a federal government customer in Washington,
DC. The candidate will be responsible for software test planning, test execution, and test defect documentation in support of the federal government client.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, and employer-paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with business and technical teams to understand the system to be tested
- Developing and documenting application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Developing test cases and prioritizing testing activities
- Executing all test cases and reporting defects, defining severity and priority for each defect
- Recording and documenting results and comparing to expected results;
- Detecting software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected
- Generating historical analysis of test results
- Documenting anomalies and issues
- Maintaining database or list of software defects
- Examining code and execution of code in various environments
- Verifying specific action or function of code
- Operating and maintaining test networks
- Creating meaningful error handling procedures for application code
- Carrying out regression testing every time changes are made to the code to fix defects
- Ensuring data integrity standards
- Performing reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience with at least 7 years of experience as a tester.
- Experience working with popular Software Quality Assurance frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Functional experience with testing strategies including Unit Test, Integration Test, Performance test, regression test, acceptance test etc.
- Expert knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL). Experience working on with SDLC, Agile methodology, Test driven Development, configuration Management and source control.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD Suitability clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain the security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified