Analytica is seeking a Business Analyst
to support a federal government customer in Washington, DC. The Business Analyst will be responsible for process and systems analysis and documentation in support of the project. Candidates must be willing to work on-site in Washington, DC, and must be able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ability to work with Business Owner, Stakeholders, Product Owner, Clients and other partners to develop and analyze business needs.
- Supports the Product Owner and/or Client in creating user stories and acceptance criteria and Scrum Master/PM with sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, etc.
- Determine size, complexity, and dependencies of a solution by reviewing business rules, use cases, user stories, and clarifying estimates with the Dev team.
- Support business initiatives through data analysis, identification of implementation barriers and user acceptance testing of various systems.
- Conduct requirement discussion sessions with stakeholders from various business areas, identify common gaps or challenges across different areas.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Collect, analyze, compose, and translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by both technical and non-technical personnel
- Create processes and procedures, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, and reports
- Edit requirements functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Evaluate risks and concerns and communicate to management
- Participates in planning process including technical design, development, testing and delivery of other related solutions.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Documents requirements for solutions that support business strategies, system requirements, system specifications, etc. and may develop into various types of models or diagrams such as process mapping, decision tables, value streams, data flows, etc to support requirements
- Collaborating on root cause analysis, application of business rules, workflow issues, and internal/external interfaces for system impact analysis
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Engineering, or related area of study is a plus) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Agile project experience, with prior BA experience
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, ALM and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD Suitability clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain the security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified