Analytica is seeking an entry level Metadata Analyst
to support a federal financial client in Washington, DC. As part of our Data team you will work with a diverse group of sophisticated professionals using your skills and proven experience in Metadata or Data Management.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing day-to-day activities to ensure catalog/metadata processes run smoothly
- Answering queries from various teams, troubleshooting issues and updating metadata as needed through a variety of internal tools.
- Completing various metadata audits, acting on findings as necessary, and reporting audit progress against goals to support team activities.
- Helps define requirements and standards for the metadata repository and solution
- Reconciles collected data with other authoritative metadata source
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other similar field of study
- 1-3 years experience in data analysis or analytical field
- Knowledgeable in Metadata concepts
- Experience with data analysis, including SQL and/or SAS
- Understanding of database architecture concepts and how to navigate data lineage
- Excellent Excel skills (Must be able to do pivots and lookups)
- Demonstrable experience with metrics gathering, tracking and reporting
- Experience working on complex business/technology initiatives across multiple businesses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including drafting policies and procedures, and a demonstrated consultative approach in communication
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Technical Writing Experience, ability to document and describe data
- Good communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work with team members
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust MBI security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified