Analytica is seeking a Senior Data Engineer
able to data engineering support - data extraction, analysis, presentation support; research assistance, and subject matter expertise services to the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Decision Support Division.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Using SAS programming and SQL conduct data mining and statistical analysis to extract Military Health System (MHS) health care data and perform advanced analytical studies for senior leadership on MHS health care trends, program performance and resource consumption.
- Conduct data engineering work across a range of health and military health system data: as Genesis, MHS Data Repository (MDR), MHS Mart (M2), (Managed Care Forecasting and Analysis System), Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS); Pharmacy Data Transaction System (PDTS), AHLTA/CHCS, TED-ODS and the TRICARE Operations Centers
- Provides for sample frame development, analytic support, and secondary data analysis to the MHS to include all organizational elements under the newly formed DHA and the Services
- Monitor and report on the quality of DOD/MHS corporate data.
- Quickly assemble actionable work products incorporating and synthesizing multidisciplinary data in such areas as DOD, public health, health services research, biostatistics, demographics, finances, geographic imaging, health policy, epidemiology, behavioral health, GME, and HA/DHA metrics and measures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, healthcare informatics or similar field
- 10+ years of experience in ETL development
- 8+ years of experience using SQL for data extraction, engineering
- 5 + years of expert level, hands-on experience with SAS 9 architecture solutions, Base SAS PROC coding, macro coding, data step programming, and SQL programming
- SAS certification(s) a strong plus
- Strong understanding relational database management objects (tables, schemas, indexes, materialized views, partitions, stored procedures, macros, etc.), database design principles, data administration standards, and information security terminology
- Effective working knowledge of business intelligence concepts, and database structures such as ETL, normalization, datamarts, data cubes, OLAP, star and snowflake schemas
- Experience in gathering and assessing business information needs and preparing requirements, driving requirements through to implementation
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Ability to secure a US Federal Clearance.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified