Analytica is seeking a GIS Engineer
able to lead a small data engineering project providing data extraction, analysis and presentation support; research assistance, and subject matter expertise services to the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Decision Support Division.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Using ESRI ArcIM lead the visualization of Military Health System (MHS) health care data and perform analytical studies on MHS health care trends, program performance and resource consumption.
- Integrate new and existing data and study results with geospatial and temporal data to improve the directorate’s support to our mission and customers.
- Transition existing GIS capabilities to existing MHS internet portals through such available software as ESRI ArcIMS, or equivalent, and produce working copies (read-only/production) for users to view and utilize.
- Create maps for the Tricare Evaluation Report to Congress; analyses and maps for Modernization I and II; European Infrastructure Review; proximity analyses and maps for Dept. of Veterans Affairs’populations relative to MHS populations; localized maps for Milcon Analyses
- Monitor and report on the quality of DOD/MHS corporate data.
- Conduct rapid Ad-hoc data and or information requests from MHS Management, Congress, EMSMs, the Analytics Division, Portfolio Managers, GAO, Inspector General, States, and others who have a need-to-know that may have a very short suspense.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related field and SAS certification(s)
- 5 + years of expert level, hands-on experience using ESRI ArcGIS or ArcIMS for developing maps and analysis including experience with Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online Environment
- Experience troubleshooting and managing GIS infrastructure and data issues
- Experience creating GIS data from environmental documents
- Experience loading GIS data into Geodatabases, SQL
- GIS networks and spatial analysis
- Experience with ERDAS, ArcMobile, and Arc Suite desired
- Python Scripting: (required), Python 2.6+, Python 3.3+ or arc py
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Ability to secure a US Federal Clearance.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified