Analytica is seeking a Senior Statistician
with an emphasis on statistical analytics in either health care or financial regulatory environment. The position will apply statistical programming, statistical visualization techniques, modeling, and forecasting skills to analyze Federal Financial use cases. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with stakeholders, learning their business problems, providing technical guidance, evangelizing the team’s data science capabilities. This position is supporting clients in the DC Metro area.
- Feature Engineering and Attribute Evaluation - Candidate must demonstrate experience with identifying the key determinants for modeling that exist in the business process and within existing data sets as well as selecting evaluation protocols (model techniques).
- Pre-processing - Demonstrate the skills and experience to collect, clean, and prepare data sets for input into a computational model using technologies such as Python, SAS, or R. Strong candidates will explain various methods you have applied using common pre-processing functions.
- Modeling - Candidates will have practiced skills and experience selecting modeling techniques to fit the business problem. Examples will include techniques such as machine learning (ML) supervised and unsupervised learning, regression, neural networks and deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Validation - Strong candidates will describe their experience with investigating, reporting, and justifying model results.
- Visualization- Experience in presenting the results of their modeling activities, depicting the insights realized, and explaining the relevance of their results to the organization’s business challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar; Master's degree or PhD preferred
- Five (5)+ years in statistician or a related quantitative field
- High degree of experience utilizing SAS, R, or Python to support the development of complex statistical use cases
- Strong problem-solving skills, leverage domain knowledge, information technology, and data science techniques
- Experience with a distributed enterprise Business Intelligence platform such a SAS, Tableau, or Qlik.
- Experience with development of predictive analytics models
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Must be a US citizen and must be able to maintain a Public trust security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified