Analytica seeks to hire a Software Engineer
that is skilled in data acquisition, screening, inventory, ingestion, and munging/cleaning. Experienced with data engineering practices and techniques, in support of an analytical environment. Will work with a team of data scientists and business analysts to develop and deliver data products to a government agency.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
- B.A. or B.S (degree in business, engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in federal government consulting, agile project or project management role
- Skilled in C#, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and Sybase programming
- Skilled in Visual Studio integrated development environments
- Experience working in Amazon GovCloud, Docker, Github
- Well-versed in using data exchange languages. Experience writing code (e.g. in C#) to parse data in various formats, like JSON and XML, and store in a structured database.
- Experience building data models and Entity Relationship diagrams. Understand conceptual, logical and physical data schemas.
- Good experience in the SQL language, writing stored procedures, etc.
- Ideally, this person will have a good eye for identifying data quality issues, and be able to do some preliminary cleaning and standardization of the data during the acquisition and structuring process. In my experience, it can really slow down the analytics and predictive modeling if it is left entirely to the Data Scientists to catch all the data quality issues.
- Since we are working in an agile model, it would also be helpful if this person is familiar with the principles, especially test-driven development.
- Experience with RedHat Linux
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified