Analytica is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer/ Data Scientist
to support a federal government customer engagement in the Washington DC metro area. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with clients in both a consulting and delivery capacity to tackle complex data transformation projects. The candidate will also support projects in a project management role.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Develop a Machine Learning Models written in R, used for categorization, to make inferences, and to discover patterns that might otherwise be missed.
- Develop and present a Validation Strategy
- Validate the Model repeatedly with new data and present the output to client subject matter experts to verify its accuracy
- Perform testing
- Develop, present, and submit Notebooks that tell a story of the statistical analysis that conveys the context, purpose, and implications of the Machine Learning Model using business terminology that is familiar to client subject matter experts
Develop, present, and submit visualizations that include dashboards as supporting evidence to reinforce the findings
- B.A. or B.S (degree in business, engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- Masters or PhD preferred
- 10 years’ experience in data science, data engineering, as a statistician, or a related quantitative field
- Skilled in R, C#, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, and Sybase programming Data visualization using Shiny and Tableau
- Skilled in RStudio, Jupyter, and Visual Studio integrated development environments
- Experience in building models related to tax law (preferred)
- Skilled in developing theories and working hypothesis for problem identification
Strong verbal and written communication skills
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified