Analytica is seeking a Java Developer
to support a federal government customer engagement in the Washington DC metro area. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with clients in both a consulting and delivery capacity to tackle complex data transformation projects. The candidate will also be skilled in Java, GRAPH, and Neo4j. Must be skilled in designing technical solutions, white-boarding, creating and presenting technical vision to technical and non-technical audiences. Act as a mentor to less experienced developers, review code, etc
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Graph Database ETL and analytics processes on large scale structured and unstructured data sets
- Maintain and improve processes to ensure that all data updates and graph analytics are delivered in a timely manner
- Lead assessment and documentation of graph data models and ensure their reliability to ontological references, which can require working with stakeholders and other teams and leveraging application of existing tools.
- Monitor data release management actions to manage issues as they arise and identify risks and mitigation responses that could impact customers or stakeholders of data analytics.
- Collaborate with other database administration teams and database administrators for source datasets as required to test the accuracy and proper formatting of data.
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Provide necessary leadership to junior team members
- Experience with defining web architectures and solutions from business requirements
- System improvement and modifications
- Overall design, development, and solution capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing Java/J2EE solutions, with experience in Java 5 / Spring / Spring Boot
- 2 - 5 years’ experience using Neo4j Cypher. Experience with similar graph query languages is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of applications
- Solid understanding of OOP and functional programming principles
- Ability to contribute to design and architecture discussions
- Experience in writing & consuming REST API
- Solid hands-on experience using Spring Boot, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Hibernate, and Microservices
- Experience in CSS/JSS/SCSS/HTML5
- Solid understanding of relational database management systems
- Solid expertise of software scalability and architecture principles
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience building test driven applications
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) and systems such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an MBI Public Trust Clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified