Analytica is seeking a Mainframe Programmer
to support a dynamic federal government project. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing dynamic solutions.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. Analytica offers competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Convert hexadecimal formatted master file records into EBCDIC in preparation for loading to a database.
- Extract records from the Master File and present to the reformatting program.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as storing or retrieving data
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience with Information Technology
- At least 4 years of experience in software development life cycle.
- At least 2 years of experience in Design and architecture review.
- At least 2 years of experience using Assembly language, and Endeavor.
- At least 2 years of experience using hexadecimal formatted Master File records
- At least 2 years of experience using Code Definitions for Character Data
- Ability to obtain and maintain an MBI Public Trust clearance with the federal government
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Communication and Analytical skills
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified