Analytica is currently seeking a Practice Lead / Director of Software Services to lead a rapidly growing technology management consulting practice centered around helping federal clients build modern enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with clients in both a consulting and delivery capacity to tackle complex software, system and application modernization using open source (Java, React, etc) technologies, microservices, and CI/CD infrastructure.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a fastest-growing private US small business supporting U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Technology Architecture – Architect and implement scalable, enterprise applications for government clients using open- source software development, infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of client engagement and business development, talent management, solution design / development, proposal development, and thought leadership
- Business Development – Lead technical solution development for RFI's, RFPs and code challenges. Ensure technical content is compelling and demonstrates value. Guide business development activities, partnering with other Analytica leaders to grow new and existing client relationships
- Team & Individual development – Lead by example to build a team of leaders and engineers and create a passionate, team-player environment. Provide technical thought leadership in the data science and data engineering spaces. Support recruiting, on-boarding of new employees, and the development of leaders
- Partner Management – Build and maintain foundational relationships with relevant software engineering partners
- 10+ years of relevant work experience delivering IT solutions in a consulting environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent; Masters a plus
- Expert in JAVA including frameworks such as Struts, Spring, SpringBoot and Hibernate
- Experience leveraging Web Services and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with code management systems (Git, Subversion)
- Experience with Databases such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience building software on cloud network infrastructure and services such as EC2, RDS, VPC, Auto-Scaling
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills