Analytica is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst
to support a federal financial regulatory agency with analysis of financial and securities data and financial model development. The ideal candidate will address demand for real-time market monitoring and post-crisis evaluation of the fund industry as the potential regulatory responses has become much more acute due to the 2020 market crisis.
- Work with asset management and/or securities industry data, applying the theories, principles, and processes of quantitative research and interpreting financial and securities industry data.
- Develop, maintain and validate models used for e.g., forecasting, valuation, liquidity, instrument strategy selection, portfolio construction, or risk management using Python.
- Develop, maintain and validate sophisticated models related to investment portfolios and/or the asset management industry, such as VaR and stress testing models, hedging techniques, credit risk, counterparty risk, market risk, valuation and pricing, and model sensitivity and risk statistics.
- Master's degree required, and PhD preferred in Econometrics, Finance, OR related technical fields
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 4 Public Trust clearance
- 8+ yeas of experience in Data Analysis, financial/quantitative analysis and reporting
- Fluent in Python
- High degree of experience developing financial models
- High degree of experience with investment portfolios, asset management, risk management
- High degree of experience with operational/regulatory financial analysis
- Familiar with open-source alternatives to major vendor BI and Data Science tools
- Comfortable with an Agile methodology such as Scrum, Kanban, or Lean to include experience with practices such as backlog management and user stories
- Experience with performing analytics from a cloud platform
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified