Analytica is seeking a Statistician with an emphasis on statistical analytics in an educational grant-making environment. The position will apply statistical programming, statistical visualization techniques, modeling, and forecasting skills. The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with stakeholders, learning their business problems, providing technical guidance, evangelizing the team’s statistical capabilities.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Contributes a full range of professional data science competencies to planning and performing continued programs in data science topics to include advanced scientific, statistical and predictive techniques.
- Collects, sources, processes and cleans data. Writes and executes program code to perform complex processes, interprets and analyzes results, and uses data visualization to communicate insights and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities to incorporate the latest technology or techniques and to minimize potential negative impact on current projects.
- Develop, identify, and apply statistical models and empirical techniques to analyze and assess factors
- Defines data requirements and integration of enabling technologies to collect, extract, engineer, and transform data from traditional and non-traditional sources.
- Responds to challenges, uncertainty, and risks with innovative, data-driven solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar; Master's degree or PhD preferred
- At least five (5) years working on statistical projects or mathematical studies
- Strong problem-solving skills, leverage domain knowledge, information technology, and data science techniques
- Ability to perform survey design using various survey platform software and applications
- Demonstrated experience identifying and measuring indicators of operational health and enterprise risk management
- Ability to extract data, transform data, manipulate data and perform analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of data concepts and experience working with data architects/data engineers in the design of database schemas
- Strong understanding of machine learning and algorithm designs, and data persistence Experience with development of predictive analytics models
- Ability to communicate results effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Ability to work as a team player or individually, and good organization skills
- Must be a US citizen and must be able to maintain a Public trust security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified