Analytica is seeking a Quantitative Analyst
to support a federal financial regulatory agency with analysis of financial and securities data and financial model development. The ideal candidate will help address demand for real-time market monitoring and post-crisis evaluation of the fund industry as the potential regulatory responses has become much more acute due to the 2020 market crisis.
- Feature Engineering and Attribute Evaluation - Candidate must demonstrate experience with identifying the key determinants for modeling that exist in the business process and within existing data sets as well as selecting evaluation protocols (model techniques).
- Pre-processing - Demonstrate the skills and experience to collect, clean, and prepare data sets for input into a computational model using technologies such as Python, SAS, or R. Strong candidates will explain various methods you have applied using common pre-processing functions.
- Modeling - Candidates will have practiced skills and experience selecting modeling techniques to fit the business problem. Examples will include techniques such as machine learning (ML) supervised and unsupervised learning, regression, neural networks and deep learning, natural language processing, etc.
- Validation - Strong candidates will describe their experience with investigating, reporting, and justifying model results.
- Visualization- Experience in presenting the results of their modeling activities, depicting the insights realized, and explaining the relevance of their results to the organization’s business challenges.
- Work with asset management and/or securities industry data, applying the theories, principles, and processes of quantitative research and interpreting financial and securities industry data.
- Support the development, maintenance and validation of models used for e.g., forecasting, valuation, liquidity, instrument strategy selection, portfolio construction, or risk management using Python.
- Support the development, maintenance and validation of sophisticated models related to investment portfolios and/or the asset management industry, such as VaR and stress testing models, hedging techniques, credit risk, counterparty risk, market risk, valuation and pricing, and model sensitivity and risk statistics.
- Master's degree required, and PhD preferred in Econometrics, Finance, OR related technical fields
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 4 Public Trust clearance
- 4 years of experience in Data Analysis, financial/quantitative analysis and reporting
- Fluent in Python
- Demonstrated experience using advanced analytic techniques such as modern econometric methods, machine learning, multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design, optimization and text analytics.
- Deep experience in managing and integrating large datasets using a variety of software packages.
- Programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, VBA, STATA, MATLAB, Mathematica, Perl, R, SPLUS, Python, or SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL-type and non-SQL type databases, knowledge and experience in a systems environment, such as MS Windows, Linux, and UNIX, that facilitates manipulation and processing of data is also required.
- At least one year operational/regulatory financial analysis experience is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to leverage domain knowledge, information technology, and data science techniques
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified