Analytica is seeking a Data Architect
to support one or more dynamic, long-term federal government enterprise data programs. The ideal candidate will lead architecture and implementation of cloud and on-premise big data solutions as part of enterprise data modernization.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc.
for 3 consecutive years as one of the 250 fastest growing business. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead the development and enhancement of a shared enterprise data environment that meets a diverse set of Analytics, Reporting, and Data Science federal requirements
- Engage with clients and use a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams
- Lead design reviews of data deliverable such as models (conceptual, physical, and logical), data flows, and data quality assessment and promote data modeling standardization, defines, and drives adoption of the standards and data governance practices
- Analyze requirements in relation to available data, assesses source system data quality, and analyze schemas to meet performance requirements
- Design and maintain a master data management strategy that accounts for all aspects of data management including data ownership, security, and data administration
- Oversee data base administration and engineering to align to a data-as a service approach
- Ensure high quality data deliverable artifacts are provided, which may include documentation to include formal process mapping, glossaries, data dictionary, functional and non-functional requirement specifications, technical design, key performance indicators, system testing and implementation activities
- Participate as a subject matter expert and provide solution design and content as feasible on government proposals for projects related to area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in data role (DBA, engineer, architect, etc)
- 3+ years experience with Big Data technologies, such as Apache Hadoop, Hive or Spark
- Proven experience building cloud production data solutions leveraging services and technologies, including Spark, Databricks, Oracle, Cloudera, Redshift, or Lakehouse
- Strong understanding of well-architected frameworks, including data architecture concepts including: Data Modeling, Data Movement, Data Governance, Data Security
- Experience migrating from on-premise data environments to cloud strongly preferred
- AWS and/or Databricks Certification preferred
- Ability to secure a US Federal Clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified