Are you a hands-on leader capable of driving sound proposal development for federal opportunities? Do you thrive in a small business environment, where your impact is visible, and you can shape the future of the organization?
Analytica is looking for the right person to oversee proposal management for our company. We’ve been recognized by Inc. Magazine for three consecutive years as one of the 250 fastest growing businesses. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match. Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth, your extensive background in federal RFx response preparation and leadership mean you’ll have a good deal of autonomy to manage your pursuits. The work location is mostly remote. We meet occasionally in our Bethesda offices, and we expect to gradually increase in-person activity for events such as proposal kickoff meetings.
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific responses with competitive and compelling win themes.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions, capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Write sections, as appropriate, that reflect company’s expertise and experience, interviewing corporate sources and/or reviewing existing collateral, to convey a thorough understanding of client needs and company solutions.
- Collaborate with capture leads and participate as representative in opportunity gate reviews.
- Develop and train proposal writing teams in the proposal process, and how to write compelling and succinct technical and non-technical content.
- Help maintain repository of reusable content, project profiles, experience matrices/overviews, capability statements, etc. Collaborate with Delivery to develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience managing and winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role.
- Ability to project a friendly, confident leadership image to peers, partners, and senior management.
- Proven experience in the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other more Agile proposal development processes.
- Thorough functional knowledge of roles and responsibilities on a proposal team: Capture Manager, Writer, Coordinator, etc.
- Experience leading proposals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with concurrent activities with short turn-around times with multiple internal and external customers.
- Excellent English writing skills, along with superior command of Microsoft Word. High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, Microsoft Dynamics, which is our CRM system.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and effectively influence others. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the company with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to participate in planning for Orals and Technical challenges to support unified messaging across multiple media.
- A proven history and bias for action. An orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas.
- Logical, process-oriented thinker who can create and stick to plans, yet also maintain the flexibility our industry demands when procurement circumstances change.
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders in a mutually respectful environment.
- Quick learner who can use your experience to suggest process improvements.
- Ability to understand a business problem, then use empathy and a critical eye to be the ‘voice of the client’ in evaluating and shaping our response.
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.